Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pure Magic Part 2 - Days 372-394

When I mentioned in my last posting that I was running out of gas, little did I know that I would run on fumes for three weeks straight.  An average of 4-5 hours of sleep each night leaves very little in the tank for posting creativity.

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT complaining.  The last few weeks have been about as good as it gets.  They have been pure magic.  Problem is, so many good things happened it would take a War and Peace size novel to tell it all.  So how about the Cliff Notes version and some pictures to tell the story?!

*  I fell in love...with an ice cream truck.  A rarely traveled route home from
Gainesville yielded a wonderful discovery...a vintage ice cream truck for sale for $5,900 that was the perfect match for the food truck dream image in my mind.  Problem is I don't have $5,900, but I am working on it.

*  My research and development team has been prolific...my customers.  They have come up with some winning flavors.  Like The Hadley, Lemon Coconut White Chocolate, The Morgan, Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip and The Noah, Blueberry Butterfinger.  They have been the first to sell out on market day.  Which brings me to my next point...

*  We have enjoyed three consecutive weeks of sell outs...culminating with a banner day last Sunday at Maitland where the cookies disappeared before noon with two hours to spare.

*  I actually have my first Heartsong groupie...Jennifer.  She and her husband visit me at both markets.  She makes me smile by posting photos of my cookies on Facebook.

*  I have a new kitchen home...The Sugar Suite and I hope to be prolific to keep up with the growing demand.  I can bake 48 cookies at a time instead of 18.  More cookies in less time!  I am in heaven.

*  Thanks to my friend Morgan, I fell in love with more material things...vintage jewelry.  Our jointly owned necklace spawned a visit to Winters Past in McIntosh, Florida.  There I discovered a necklace and earrings from the forties that featured Heartsong colors and had to come home with me. 

*  We ushered in Fall this weekend with the first Gator game of the season and we won.  I love winning.  I love my Gators and oh how I love Fall!

My soul is happy.

Many hugs and magical days,

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment