Friday, January 6, 2012

I Found The Antidote!

Last night I went to dinner with my friends, Tom, Susan and Chris to the bastion of comfort food, Cracker Barrel.  Who would have thought that hidden amongst the biscuits, dumplings and cooked to death veggies would be the miracle antidote to the post holiday blues.  It was found in the eyes of an old friend fighting a battle with stage 4 colon cancer, who spent the evening far more concerned about the job possibilities of my son Ryan than the challenges before him and his fight.  It was found in the concerned eyes of his wife, Susan and the blissful spirit emanating from his son, Chris.  The antidote was found in perspective.

I have been blessed with far more than my fair share of friendships in my life.  But none mean more to me than Tom, Susan and Chris.  They are like part of my family.  They are hurting, but still full of hope, love and concern for others.  They get it.  They know what is important in life.  And even though I occasionally lose sight of it...I do too.  Time for a happy dance. 

I love you Tom.  I love you Susan.  I love you Chris.

Many hugs and prayers,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment