Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Best of Times...The Worst of Times

As usual, irrational post holiday blues have smacked me in the face...right at the start of a new year when hopes and dreams should be in abundance.  I know I have much to be thankful for and yet somehow I have succumbed to a whiney, pouty dance instead of my usual happy one.  And trust me, it is not pretty.

A month of so has passed since my last posting.  Postings have always been quite cathartic for me.  So here I am ready to lighten my load.  The blues cocktail I have concocted includes a liberal pour of the usual financial woes with an added splash of concerns over my son's job prospects and my mother-in-law's health.  Throw in a dash of a cluttered house and sleepless worry filled nights and you get the "perfect" blues elixir.  Uug!  Whew...I feel better already.  All the heavy "worst of times" are off my shoulders and floating out in cyberland.

Now for the good stuff.  The happy dance like its 1999 "best of times".  Heartsong Cookies has been nominated for Best of Edible Orlando in the Best Cookies category.  Once again I am in touch with my inner Sally Field...they like me, they really like me.  I was joyful to be nominated...celebrating with a Toasted Walnut Fig Cookie...or three.  But then the fierce competitive side of me kicked in.  I wan to WIN, WIN, WIN!   So I need your help.  I need you to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!  I need everyone you know to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!  You can access the survey at www.edibleorlando.com

Thanks for your support, tolerance and many hugs,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment