Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sweeeeeeeeet Surprise! Days 333-340

July 27th is a very special day in my life, but for some crazy reason I never seem to remember it...but my husband does! Year after year he surprises me with something special to commemorate the anniversary of our engagement. A gift. A decadent dinner out. A getaway. And year after year I am caught off guard. I think my brain is playing a pleasant trick on me because I LOVE surprises.

Tuesday afternoon during my daily check in call Mike casually mentioned a package may be delivered that day. It was a just a little something, but he wanted to know if it arrived. A FedEx notice greeted me on the front door and I noticed the package would be available after 7:15. I called Mike to let him know and he asked me to pick it up if I could. Curiosity was getting the best of me. What was so important about this package?! When I arrived at FedEx the package was not back yet. They told me I could wait and it would be available shortly. So I did. I waited and waited and waited some more. Customers came and went. One irate customer cursed, threatened, came and went and came and went again. Then the police arrived. And finally Mike's package made an appearance. I walked out of FedEx hoping the package was worth the wait.

I called Mike to tell him my mission was accomplished. He informed me his package was actually a gift for me to celebrate our anniversary. Damn! He got me again. And I had the nerve to be impatient with the wait. I was driving at the time, but could not wait until I arrived at my destination. At the first stop light the scissors came out and the package was opened.

Oh my...I had to catch my breath. Tucked inside the box was my ticket to being an official "businesswoman". It was something I had dreamed about and hoped for, but was just beyond my reach...until now. An iPad. My very own iPad. An iPad with a simple engraving on the back - Kathy Paiva
Heartsong Cookies

I am married to the most amazingly thoughtful, supportive man. Thankfully nine years ago on July 27th I said yes to the best proposal of my life.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment