Monday, July 4, 2011

Busy Bee - Days 318-330

Today was my first opportunity to sit down at the computer in...oh my, THIRTEEN DAYS.  I think this is the longest unplanned sabbatical I have taken from my semi-daily blog.  Needless to say I have been a busy bee.  The thirteen days have been filled with baking...over one thousand cookies.  The hugs have been plentiful.  Life stories abound.  From an attempted robbery at knife point that left me shaken and scared to a homemade gift presentation from Sheri and Sarah that left me giggling for the rest of the day. 

I added a second market to my plate...Maitland Farmers' Market every Sunday at Lake Lily from 9-2.  Sell and give outs abound at both markets.  At my urging customers are coming up with some fun flavor suggestions to try out at the markets.  Like Erin that asked for a Triple Chocolate cookie, - chocolate base with milk and white chocolate chips.  "The Erin" debuted at the Maitland market this weekend.  Jerome asked for Butterscotch Pecan."The Jerome" was a tremendous success at both markets last week.  This week Robin gave me a fun challenge.  She asked for a Red Velvet Caramel Cashew cookie.  Sounds decadently sweet and yummy.  "The Robin" will be appearing soon at the Maitland market.  Agy wants a Macadamia Fig and she will have a big bag of "The Agy" waiting for her to pull up to the booth on her bike.   I love when my customers get their creative juices flowing.  You should see the look in their eyes when I tell them their creation will bear their name.  It is that childlike happiness that gives me the energy boost to keep on buzzing through nights of little sleep. 

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment