Thursday, June 2, 2011

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E, Florida State, Florida State...Days 297-298

No, I can't do it!  I can't cheer for my rival school, but I can bake for them.  I am an equal opportunity hug giver.  The last two nights have been spent taking a little walk on the dark side.  A client requested I put together a platter of cookies for her grandson's high school graduation party.  He is headed to Florida State and she wanted to celebrate this new chapter in his life.  I happily obliged.

Somehow I thought my hands would have a problem rolling out this rival dough, cutting the little tomahawks and spelling out FSU, but I actually had no problem at all.  I labored over the color of the garnet and gold glaze.  I took extra care with the delicate little tomahawks to make sure they stayed whole.  And in the end the cookies turned out great.  In fact I actually thought they looked kind of...cute.  Oh fellow Gators, please forgive me!

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment