Saturday, June 18, 2011

Powerful Hug - Days 313-314

I have always said Heartsong Cookies is about so much more than cookies.  It is my window to a bunch of beautiful souls.  Never have I believed it more than today.  With visits from Linda, Natalie, Norma, Tim, Sheri, Sarah and Noah, I was really feeling the love.  And then more magic happened. 

I shared some samples of today's market flavors with one of my semi-regular customers and her friend.  They bought a hug bag to share and I mentioned the cookies came with a real hug it they wanted one.  I don't know exactly why I asked two perfect strangers if they wanted a hug.  It would have made my sister-in-law Kevina cringe, but my instinct told me these two could use one.  The friend was my first hug recipient and she hugged back with gratitude.  Then I turned to my customer to pass on some love.  As I wrapped my arms around her, she whispered in my ear that her husband had just passed away last weekend, then she gave me a hug that I will never forget.  Her friend shared the events of the last week and she grabbed me for a bonus hug.  It is amazing how such a simple gesture can pack such power.  It was almost electric.  It is why I am the purveyor of hugs...and cookies.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment