Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It Takes A Village, I Needed A City! - Days 316-317

Last night I had a daunting task in store.  I agreed to make 173 cookies for delivery this afterrnoon.  Unfortunately the kitchen wasn't available until after 8:00 last night and I had very little prep done for the task at hand.  So I divided the evening into mini goals and dove in head first.  Goal one was to have all ten batches of dough made by 10:00.  I would have been successful if I hadn't been for the freak out moment on the last batch.  I discovered the mint extract for the Fat Mint Cookie Cookies was not mint at all, but an empty Orange Extract bottle.  Thank goodness my loving husband hero came to my rescue and delivered the goods and a kiss.  I was good to go for another hour...or four.  I scooped, baked, bagged, labeled, and dressed 180 cookies in Heartsong finery.  Goal two was to make it into bed by 4.00.  I accomplished the taste with 2 minutes to spare.  I have always said it takes a village to make a Heartsong Cookie.  Last night I needed a city!

Tired doesn't begin to describe how I felt when the alarm went off the morning.   I honestly didn't know how I would make it through the day.  Then I made my delivery to Jackie and
Diana.  I had never met the two of them...only spoke on the phone.  But they greeted me with big hugs like old friends.  Jackie's eyes lit up as I pulled the baskets and hug bags out of the car.  She was almost giddy and I was oh so pleased and not the least bit tired.  Hugs have an amazing power to renew the spirit and evidently provide an adrenaline rush like no other.

Many hugs,
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment